When you try to open your SSRS Report Manager or Web Service URL You may get error like
The permissions granted to user are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)
User does not have required permissions. Verify that sufficient permissions have been granted and Windows User Account Control (UAC) restrictions have been addressed
The error page would say you :
User ‘DOMAIN\user’ does not have required permissions. Verify that sufficient permissions have been granted and Windows User Account Control (UAC) restrictions have been addressed.
If you are using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (SP2) – 10.0.xxxx.x (X64) on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or Windows 10. You may get this error. it’s because in XP there was not User Access Control feature.
I have checked following thing for solution.
1. IE – tried it with Protected Mode enabled/disabled no luck.
2. Windows User Account Control is turned OFF on SSRS reporting server box.
3. You might have tried to check local admin group (which is unacceptable) can access Report Manager URL to view reports.
Finally got solution by following steps
1. Start IE as an administrator (Right click on Icon and run as Administrator) and load your SSRS site (http://localhost/reports)
2. Go to Folder Settings and add your user name and assign relevant Role(s)
3. Start IE or any other browser for that matter and the SSRS site comes up good