You can see Fonts are still available in Excel but no longer show up in Word. Repairing or Reinstalling word also not working to fetch fonts from system fonts folder.
1. You may have installed generic text service
System has attached virtual printer to print document when default printer is not available and it was set as default print.When I set the regular printer as the default then the fonts show up.
So first you go to Control Panel and check printer list in printers. if you have generic text service as default printer. Alter your default printer. Fonts will be shown.
2. corrupted normal.dot file
You have normal.dot file located in your Application Data folder.
- In XP it’s at : C:Documents and settingsApplication DataMicrosoftTemplates
- In Vista + it’s at : C:UsersApplication DataMicrosoftTemplates
It is responsible for word to locate few basic things. it may get corrupted.
To resolve such issue
- Close All instances of word
- Locate normal.dot file in your C: drive
- Rename the file from normal.dot to normal.dot.old
- Open new word document. It will create new normal.dot file 🙂
All fonts will be shown up.