By default your android application may not have access to use internet. and you can use internet from your machine but not from your emulator make sure you have set the internet permission in your AndroidManifest.xml
Another problem can be your emulator is not properly configured to access internet. Then go through following steps.
- Go to settings
Wireless & networks -> mobile networks -> Access Point Names.
- Press Menu Button and Choose New APN from options.
- Provide Name as alias to your APN say myinternet.
- Set www as your APN. (Most Important)
- If you are using poxy then enter your proxy server IP and port. you can get it from your system administrator or via IE settings.
- Also provide Proxy credentials in user name and password format. for Domain users provide it with domain-name/username.
- To Save this setting again Press Menu and select Save.
- Check internet in emulator browser.
This worked for me. Hope it’s helpful to you too.
Please leave your feedback to improve our article quality.