If you are running Mac® OS X, you can use the Network Utility application, which is included with Mac OS X, to run the trace route.
To Perform a Traceroute in Mac OS X
- Open the Utilities folder on your hard drive.
- Launch the Network Utility.
- Click Traceroute.
- Enter the domain name for which you want to perform a traceroute, and then click Trace.
- Select the results, and then right-click and select Copy or press COMMAND+C to copy the text.
- Paste the text into a text editor (TextEdit, etc.).