- Go To Windows Explorer (or in your C: or D: drive)
- Click on Tools and select Folder Options to open the Folder Options dialog box.
- Click the View tab.
- in the Advanced Settings list, First Option is Automatically Search for Network Folders and Printers, deselect that checkbox.
- Click OK.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Open Advanced sharing settings by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type network, click Network and Sharing Center, and then, in the left pane, click Change advanced sharing settings.
- Click the chevron to expand your current network profile.
- Click Turn on network discovery, and then click Save changes. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.