This is System error which doesn’t allow to load your OS.
You may see at start-up screen.
|Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
Please re-install a copy of the above file.
- Actual dll file is missing from your hard disk.
- The Default value in the [Boot Loader] section of the Boot.ini file is missing or invalid.
- Windows XP is not installed in the location specified in the Boot.ini file.
- The partition path in the Boot.ini file is not set correctly.
- General hardware failure.
- Use the Windows XP CD-ROM to start your computer.
- When you receive the message to press R to repair Windows by using the Recovery Console, press the R key.
- Select the Windows installation that you want, and then type the administrator password when prompted.
- go to your <CD DRIVE>:i386 path.
- copy hal.dl_ to C:windowssystem32
for example E:i386copy hal.dl_ C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32 it will ask for confirmation to overwrite say it yes by pressing ‘Y’ and press Enter
- Now Type bootcfg /rebuild, and then press ENTER.
- When the Windows installation is located, the following instructions are displayed:
Add installation to boot list? (Yes/No/All)
[Type Y in response to this message.]
Enter Load Identifier:
[This is the name of the operating system. Type Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition.]Enter OS Load options:
[Leave this field blank, and then press ENTER].
After you perform the preceding steps, restart the computer, and then select the first item on the boot menu. This should allow Windows XP to start normally.
After Windows XP has successfully restored, the Boot.ini can be modified to remove the incorrect entry.